Saturday, February 21, 2009

Edible Art Gift

Spencer is an amazing chef, seriously...amazing (he is a chef at a fancy restaurant). His dishes are always so beautiful that I have to take tons of pictures. For Valentine's Day this year I decided to make him a recipe/photo book to keep track of everything that he makes. I made the book out of chip board, card stock and binder rings....very simple. He's not a huge fan of all the "designy" stuff that I like, so I knew I had to keep it very basic. He loved it!





And since he is always cooking yummy stuff for me I decided to do the same for him. I made these yummy V-Day cookies! And since I am domestically challenged I got the tutorial from one of my FAVORITE sites ever....One Pretty Thing. If you create stuff you will be in tutorial heaven. But one thing I learned the hard way....always use wax paper underneath the cookies until the chocolate hardens....otherwise they are stuck FOREVER!


3 comments:

  1. Yummy! Yummy! And that is such a nice gift to make! Glad you had a great Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. I love this idea and those cookies look very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you made those? you silly girl, those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete