Saturday, February 21, 2009

Red Velvet Art Class: Project 1









First project down.....29 more to go (well, i am half-way through 3 more of them). My very first "official" scrapbook. Check out more photos on the Flickr group pool. It was so much fun to experiment and see what happened. I learned that I am in LOVE with white gel pens. I am also learning to trust myself. Most of the pages were done in a matter of 5-10 minutes and I am really happy with the result. Most of the time I imagine that the things I create are going to turn out horrible.....but then they aren't so bad most of the time. Do you do this too??

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE your scrapbook. It is awesome! I do the same thing myself. I start and think it's going to turn out bad, but it's ok in the end.

    I love my white gel pen too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute! i really love your "things you love page"! I might have to use your idea, if you would let me! i haven't finished mine yet, cause i have the same problem...trusting myself. I become to critical and don't get anywhere. I will try to get better...but I love yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this! trusting yourself with projects is hard and i am not sure it ever gets easier but even if you don't "trust" yourself...you can still believe in yourself and usually that belief produces great things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white pens are my favorite too.
    I love how your book turned out. And yes I'm totally the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is a great book. And I adore white gel pens and love the especially on black.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks so sooo good! and this is your first official scrapbook?? i'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love all your pages and the cover! it is all sooooo super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love your book. Super cute. Love the doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your scrapbook and that your cat got in the way for one of your photos! My cats do the same.

    I feel the same way. I spend all this time over-analyzing things. I'm trying to let myself doodle more. I'm always afraid of messing up! At least with art journals you can paste something cute over your mess-up! hehe.

    ReplyDelete