Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dorothy, Liza and the 1940's

I was watching a TV show last night in bed as I was trying to get sleepy called Little Miss Perfect. So weird. Kind of disturbing. No offense to the pageant people out there but I just don't get it. Even weirder was that the dance studio where I was a competitive dancer for years was featured on this show as "pageant choreographers" for this particular pageant in NC. What? Regardless of its bizarreness, seeing this TV show got me thinking about my own days on stage.

Yep, that's me....Dorothy.

Liza Manelli. The dress version of her and the pants version. I was jealous of the girls who got to wear the dresses....i was always too tall.
And here as a 40's big band dancer.

All of this took place 15 years ago but it seems just like yesterday. I miss that nervous feeling in my gut just before going on stage, the 2 minute costume changes, the fake eyelashes, the abundance of pantyhose...it was also the only time in my life I have ever had an excuse to wear BRIGHT RED lipstick. The reddest you could find.

Good memories.

4 comments:

  1. wow, those were the good ol days! i loved being on stage too, weird as that may sound. those were some fun days.
    i love your blog! miss you.
    -joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the whole putting LBS. of makeup on lil lil girls is not normal. Creepy! But I do love your OZ picture! And your blog is very awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Thanks for the comment on my blog! It was fun making the mobile. I hope you will make one and show it in your blog or flickr! :-)

    It´s also very fun you actually used the translade button!! I didn´t know if anyone would use it. :-)

    ReplyDelete