Saturday, March 7, 2009

Happiness is Still Homemade


I am no expert with thrifting and antiquing. Actually, i am pretty terrible at it because I walk into a shop/flea market and get so completely overwhelmed and over stimulated that I end up leaving quickly without buying a thing. It is seriously annoying. I think I just get so excited about all the cool, cheap stuff that I can't handle it. Weird?

So I am very proud to announce that I came home today with my most thrilling discovery yet. I was at a local antique barn (apparently they are barns here in the south) coaching myself through the shopping process when i spotted it....it was almost as if a brilliant light shined down from the heavens and a brought us together.

Do I need to say more about why this is so fabulous? I will....the embroidery, the colors, the message, the chicken... and most importantly, the message.

I am going to paint the matte and the frame but I was so excited to share this discovery with everyone that I couldn't wait. I will post again once its painted and found it's spot on one of my walls.


Have you ever had one of these "magical" moments while thrifting? What was your find?

3 comments:

  1. Truly, there are not words for how awesome this is!!!! Super jealous. Right now my favorite thriftie find is a vintage, brown suitcasey bag. I have been carrying it with my everywhere (I even put a RVA decal on it :D). Match made in heaven! So anyways, this is awesome, and I'm uber jealous. Loveee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome find! I love the brillance of the colors and everything...LUCKY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find! Wish I could go "barn" antique hopping with you! I need to plan a trip to visit :)

    ReplyDelete