Monday, March 9, 2009

Painting with Needles


I have not done any cross-stitching since I was about 11 years old. 20 years later...ta da! I had so much fun with this project (don't I always say that?). But its true....it felt like I was painting with needles and thread. Against professional advice, I did not use a pattern. I just figured it out as I went along. Probably not the best idea. But if anyone is interested I can create a pattern for you to download and try out for yourself. Just leave a comment to let me know.

Lesson learned: It is super difficult to make pretty stiches when the back of the canvas is cluttered with thread. The cleaner you can keep it, the better. But in the end it turned out OK, so I guess it doesn't really matter. Try it and let me know!

Reece...why???

4 comments:

  1. This is really pretty. I love your design and the kitty sitting on it is priceless....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! I love it. You are so damn talented! I am proud you are my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that turned out great! I really love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!! And I know all about kitties having to sit on things you make.

    ReplyDelete