Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pretty Pillow Painting

I love painting pillows! They might be completely unpractical but I love the end result every time. This is the one that I wrote about in an earlier post that Spence finished off for me by doing the blind-stitching. This is also the one that Colby (the orange cat) threw up on, so I had to wash the canvas before I painted on it. Lesson learned #1: Don't let your cat throw up on your fabric. But if for some reason you have to wash your canvas before you paint on it, I would mix a fabric medium in with your paint so that it flows a little better. Lesson learned #2: I hate blind-stitching. Just FYI

Another big thanks to my classmates for all the support and inspiration! See a few of their painted pillows below... You can also check out lots more at our class Filckr pool.

Above by Margot


Above by tylersaunt

Above by newyearsbabe84

5 comments:

  1. this is really nice. all of them are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY CRAP ASHLEY. I am in love with your pillow. I want to write about it on Serendipity & Spark. Maybe you should do a DIY guest blog on my site!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh just saw my pillow here!!! :-) thanks for posting it! also, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you mean to say impractical, there is no word unpractical.

    ReplyDelete