Tuesday, May 5, 2009

beaded flower clips

Do you want to know what Spencer and I chose to spend our money on while on vacation? Books. Yeah...I drug Spence around to Anthropology and Paper Source and Urban Outfitters and a multitude of beautiful stores....and we ended up with books. I have been that way since I was a kid (Baby Sitter's Club anyone??) so it shouldn't surprise me now.

We took full advantage of being in a "real" city and went to a total of FIVE different Borders bookstores. Five...in 3 days.
One of my favorite purchases is that big, thick Martha Stewart Encyclopedia of Crafts book. Holy crap it's got so much cool stuff in it.

I made my first Martha project.....beaded hair clips.

For the past couple of days I have been feeling completely boring and uninteresting so I needed a project that I knew I could complete in one sitting and then use immediately. Those kinds of projects make me feel good.

Back to the books....a few others that made their way into my home via the real city:
Spencer bought 3 or 4 Piano books because he just got a great new weighted keyboard for his birthday. He is crazy like that. He just decides he wants to play an instrument and then goes and does it like it's no big deal. He is way cooler than me.

Good lord i am blabbering.

6 comments:

  1. Cute hair accessory idea! I have been wanting the Guerrilla Art Kit for a while now. You will have to let me know how cool it is so I can go ahead and buy it already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! And I love books too - I wish I had more time to read them. I dream of a gorgeous room/office with a big beautiful book shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! Be sure to swing by the Perfect Palette today to enter our give-a-way! Creative packaging made easy by Garnish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read the entire series just about! I always wanted to be like Dawn Schaefer or Claudia Kishi. And the Summer Camp and Cruise Ship mega-books...loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun little clips. My husband and I love books too. Part of our plan for Mother's Day...go to the library :-) How are you liking the read along. I started reading the posts but I don't have the book yet. Thought about doing it.
    I have Keri Smith's Wreck this Journal. It's untouched b/c I was afraid to wreck it. Maybe I should make it part of the unravelling process?

    ReplyDelete