Friday, June 12, 2009

No wonder our perception of beauty is distorted

This video is only 1 minute long but it speaks volumes. It exposes the lies we tell ourselves and each other. It reveals the truths of media and societal expectations. It allows women everywhere to breathe a little easier because we realize we don't actually have to suck in, pucker up and cover up ALL the time.



This video might be old news to some of you but I don't think it can hurt to be reminded of it's message.

(video found via JesseKate Designs)

4 comments:

  1. This is so powerful. Young girls, especially should see this once a week for the reminder! Have a nice weekend. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding! Imagine what a better self image girls would have if they used real women in ads and magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so sad to have to admit that even as an educated adult I often find myself falling victim to hating myself because of some stupid picture I saw in a magazine. This video was great and I am going to remember it every time I start to head down that path.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was amazing and eye opening! I knew they airbrushed to make skin appear flawless, but lengthening the neck and making the eye bigger! How can we ever know what's "real" anymore? I'll have to show this to my 10 year old daughter. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete