Thursday, June 18, 2009

Raw Reality...my new favorite

I am a highly sensitive person. Not dramatic like the women on the Housewives of New Jersey, (although everyone around me does usually know when I am hot or hungry) but I feel things intensely. Especially when it comes to the realities of life and the things that actually weave us all together on a basic human level (because really we aren't all that much different and i just don't understand why people think we are). We all really want the same things in life....peace, security, love, joy. What we associate with those things are different but it really all boils down to the same fundamental feelings. I love that.

So back to me being highly emotional and feeling things intensely. I mention it because it has a direct affect on my blog. What I am feeling that day or what I am most excited about at the moment is what you read about. When I learn about something new or have an authentic life experience (aka a-ha moment) I can't help but share it. I literally can't help it. There is something within me that will not rest until I get it out into the world (hence the birth of this blog). Sometimes it drives me crazy.

My latest emotional reaction just occurred about an hour ago. I stumbled upon a writer/blogger/speaker person who is my new hero. Of course I am having this anxiety attack about why the heck it took me so long to find her. But at this moment if I could be anyone in the world, I would be her. Her name is Danielle LaPorte and this is what she has to say....

"I’m here to evoke the truth – my version of it, and your version of it, the precious pursuit of meaning. I’m interested in raw reality, and grace. I’m curious about common ground and velocity. I think feminine power and conscious commerce will revolutionize how we live – that, and forgiveness. In my experience, if you steer clear of dogma and muster up more love than you thought you had to give, then your vitality increases, satisfaction sets in, sweetness surfaces. I believe in the creative power of pleasurable feelings. I’m convinced that the desire to be real is everyone’s divine imperative."

Raw reality, grace, common ground, feminine power, conscious commerce, forgiveness, love, sweetness.....those are my favorite parts.

That's Danielle - Photo credit www.whitehottruth.com

Here is an amazing talk she gave where creative people get to show 20 images on slides, each shown for 20 seconds. She talks about life and creativity and authenticity and forgiveness. It's beautiful. (I found this video via the blog of Rebecca Walker - another amazing lady!!)



Danielle has written a book called Style Statement which I can't wait to read. She also writes for various other magazines and websites and is working on her second book titled White Hot Truth. And she has dreads!

I leave you with this final message today: "Technology is good, but you need to educate your society in values…women are the ones to do this, they are the leaders of the future." the Dalai Lama as told to Danielle LaPorte in a private meeting.

4 comments:

  1. I finished the book Style Statement a month ago. I loved it and helped me focus on what truly moves me. Her daily blog is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this link...I love that final quote. Happy Summer. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post and i love you style of blogging, especially adding your thoughts onto images. :)
    see you in the fish bowl. ~L

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so so glad you found me! and that I found you.
    inspired,
    Danielle
    xo

    ReplyDelete