Monday, July 27, 2009

baby shower

The baby shower was a success! The food was yummy, the atmosphere was fun there were even crafts involved. We had a onesie decorating table with tons of supplies for everyone to choose from...there were paints and stamps and embroidery and iron-ons. I think it was set it up so that even those who don't believe they are creative wouldn't feel intimidated. The results were beautiful!! ( photos below)

I have thrown about a million showers in my lifetime and I have to admit that this is the very first shower that I didn't purchase a single living flower for. Not one. This time I decided to make them all out of tissue paper. There were tissue paper flowers all over the place....hanging from the ceiling, in vases on the mantel and on the tables, on the mailbox outside....I think it turned out beautiful and special and unique.

The flowers outside got blown around a good bit by the wind but I still think they were pretty. The garland was made from felt and twine.


Fun favors for all of the guests to take home. We filled mason jars with the yummy Oreo Truffles that Spencer is wildly famous for providing at all of my office functions. These labels are available for download right here.

I LOVE this garland...made out of felt and twine. I might have been the only person that thought it was adorable..... but it wouldn't be the first time.

Guests were able to choose pieces of clothing from the clothesline to decorate. It was functional and completely adorable as decor. I mounted photos on felt that Jana (the mom-to-be) provided of her and her husband as babies.




The labels that I designed for the drinks and jellies are available for download right here.

I'm not a fan of baby shower games but this one was so much fun...and hilarious, at the mom-to-be's expense. (don't hate me Jana!)

A corsage for Jana made out of felt and ribbon.




The onesie decorating table was covered with different color fabrics and pieces of brown kraft paper. (I got a huge roll of it from Home Depot...I use that stuff for everything)

The onsie decorating results were so cool. I loved seeing which supplies each person was naturally drawn to and what they chose to do. It really was so much fun.








Thank you Jana for allowing me to be part of such a special occasion! I can't wait to meet little Drew....not too much longer!

25 comments:

  1. one day in the distant distant future, i'm recruiting you to throw my baby shower :-) adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing - perfect for a magazine shoot. I love the favors, and the garland is adorable. You have a very lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! You rock! You are the new Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything you did! What a great friend! Decorating the onsies was a great idea....and I love how you displayed them!

    Never would have thought to put the baby pictures on felt. Thanks for that tip!!

    Love the labels.. I make those to put on gifts I wrap but you gave me some new ideas.....thanks!!

    I was just looking back over the pics at all the work you did ahead of time to get ready for this shower. OH. MY. WORD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I'm calling you the next time I have to throw a shower!

    Awesome job with everything from the decorations to the games. I especially love the idea of decorating the onesies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You never cease to amaze me. Every time I pop into your blog or space on flickr you inspire me. I just hope I can get my act together to start creating again soon! X Bel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley, this is amazing!! Tamara sent me to your blog to see what you had done. We are throwing a shower for a friend this week and were trying to think of some ideas. I hope you don't mind if we 'borrow' some of yours for our shower?! We'll be sure to give you credit!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. everything is beautiful and very inspiring. you have a talent that is unlike many!!

    love the tags and thanks for sharing!
    xo kimi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great party decorations! That is a great idea with the onesies and using them to decorate as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, what an amazing shower. Your friend is one lucky lady to have you. I came across you on Carina's blog. I love your work. Very cool graphic design and art in general.
    You have done pretty good for yourself, having so many people reading your blog since january ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable baby shower!

    I found you thru the Autumn Online class and decided to say "Hi!" to my new classmate. :) I´m already waiting for the class to start!
    Hugs, Inka

    ReplyDelete
  12. Precious baby shower! Okay, so I'm a dummy. After I print a copy of the labels, what do I do? Did you just glue them on or is there some way to make them adhesive? Love all your ideas! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just saw this party over on Creative Parties and Showers, you make me want to go make a pregnant friend just so I can throw a party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw your party featured on Creative Parties and Showers and I just had to hop over here and tell you how fantastic I think it is! Love all of your details, the favors, the paper flowers, the garland....all sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous party. Congratulations from Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK, so I just left a long comment and it didn't post! I'll have to come back later and do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, beautiful baby shower! Loved the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you so much for sharing this with me. it makes me a little less scared lol and all your decor and ideas are amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, beautiful baby shower!
    Thanks for the ideas they have given I would like to use them in my cousin's baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
  21. May I ask: how did you make the flowers??

    ReplyDelete
  22. i wish i could make stuff like this with my bare hands.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm in LOVE with this entire shower that you created! The invitations in particular are so adorable. I will be having a baby shower for my first baby in March and I am dying over the invitations - any chance you have a downloadable template that I missed? I know it's a long shot but my fingers are crossed. :) Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes how did u make the flowers in the vases?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi! Can you repost the link for your labels. It no longer works :(

    ReplyDelete