Monday, August 3, 2009

stuff from the week

Hello hello hello!! I just wanted to share a few VERY random photos from the very random stuff I have been into the past few days.

These horses live across the street from me (i know...its weird that I live across from a farm). For my weekly Artist Date this week I went to visit them and took tons of pictures. This one was my favorite.

This was my second favorite.

This is hanging on my front door so I see it every time I leave or arrive. Yes, I spelled precious wrong....does that make the drawing more precious? I think so.

Seriously, I will never drink them. I just loved the packaging so much that I had to purchase them. Have you ever done that? Maybe it's because I am a graphic designer.

I found these adorable birdhouses at Old Time Pottery for $2!! I loved them so much that I had to buy 3 of them. I spray painted them white for now but have a feeling that a solid coat of bright pink or turquoise might be in their near future.

I feel like this blog post was so random...but really that's how my week has been...very random. I can definitely feel the affects of not setting time aside to paint or create something tangible this week. Does that happen to you too?

8 comments:

  1. Arent those horses just precios ;) I would want to do the same too. We have just moved out of town and everywhere you look there is horses and cattle. today I found cow dung in the backyard :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like random! :)
    the photos are lovely!
    great affirmation, especially in it's imperfection (always a good reminder!)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The horses are great, especially the one with the hearts. And I like your birdhouse idea - pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE to live across the street from those beautiful horses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Random is good - love those horse photos! And I don't know if I could ever buy pepsi and not drink it...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bird houses! I love the idea of pink or a lime green.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pictures of the horses and the font you use - lovely! from your friend from the Fish Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos and just wanted to say that spelling precious wrong definitely makes the drawing even more precious! aweee!

    ReplyDelete