Saturday, August 15, 2009

welcome home

While procrastinating on doing the things I really NEED to do I painted a little sign for our home last night.

(sorry for the annoying glare)

While I was painting it I was not only thinking about the environment I want to exist in my home but I was also thinking about the environment I want to exist on my blog. I really genuinely want to connect with people and create a place where people can feel safe to be themselves and to explore their own uniqueness - no matter how quirky or weird it may seem. I hope that when people visit my blog (and my home) they feel safe to be completely who they are.

I like it when people feel so comfortable in my home that they will open the fridge to get a drink without asking me first. I want my bloggy friends to feel the same way. If you want to leave a comment, leave a comment...if you want to send an email, send an email....you are welcome in this place to think and to feel and to experience life unedited.

There is no judgement here, and if you sense judgement please kick me in the rear, ok?

14 comments:

  1. Ok, this sign is soooo cute. I absolutely love everything about it :) very chill and cool
    janel
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your sign, it's such a wonderful saying for those entering your home - or blog in this case. Thanks for providing this safe place to connect. Love your lettering btw! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute sign!!! I always love seeing what you do. Thanks for your creative inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally appreciate those thoughts. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy visiting your blog because you are so good at creating a welcoming environment! This painting is a good reminder that we should strive to make people feel welcome and relaxed in our presence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable. That's the sort of thing that would make me smile upon entering the house. And it would remind me to breathe and be myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this sign and want one! Are you planning to make any to sell? You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. where is this painted? again, in love with what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh - I love this message. This was something I needed to hear/see today, thank you! (Funny that I could give you something you needed the other day!). And I feel the same way about my friends. Feel at home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree! I want one for my home :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just came across your blog I have to tell you I love it! Bookmarking it now.

    ReplyDelete