Tuesday, September 1, 2009

rehersal dinner invites

A very dear friend of mine, Carolyn, is getting married next month. She is doing pretty much everything for her wedding herself and has put in a ton of time and creativity to make sure every detail of the event is perfecto. Check out her amazing wedding blog for step-by-step details of all her crafty projects so far.

I was lucky enough to get to help her with her rehearsal dinner invites. The event is going to be at a beautiful historic apple barn in the mountains of North Carolina. She wanted to set the tone with the invites and she already had an idea of what she wanted.....

By the way, somehow this girl pulled this design together in Microsoft WORD. What??!!

Carolyn was also open to new ideas so I sent her a couple of completely random designs that were stewing around in my head....


In the end she settled on the doily theme and I printed them on Kraft paper to give them a bit of a rustic, earthy feel.

She ended up printing a banner design (using WORD and clipart - what??!!) on vellum envelopes and punched out circle confetti to make each invite special. Check out her blog for step-by-step DIY details on this and many more really cool wedding projects.

5 comments:

  1. YOU ARE SOOOO KIND TO POST THESE! Thank you for your help...I am so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to check out her blog. Beautiful invites- all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love ALL the versions! You are two creative ladies, that's for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog (via Creative Parties) and am IN LOVE!! So happy to have found you. I am a new follower and excited to explore your blog.

    ReplyDelete