Sunday, October 25, 2009

linen bunting and a few favorites

Hello hello! Just wanted to share a simple little project I did that involves some of my latest obsessions....linen and buntings. I can't stop making things that involve garland or bunting. I know its a fad that is about to run it's course but I have always liked things that hang and I just don't think I will ever stop.


I cut the bunting shapes out of linen fabric, machine stitched them onto thin ribbon and then painted little hearts in various shades of reds, pinks and white on each one. Here is a closer look...

I think they would be fun at a wedding shower or rehearsal dinner.

Also, a few more of my favorite things of the moment....

My favorite magazine of the moment. BUST. They have a great website too.

My favorite book of the moment. CANT. PUT. IT. DOWN. Not everyone will be into this but if you are open to it it will change your life. Seriously. Any other type 4's out there??

My favorite song of the moment....Overjoyed by Christine Kane. This woman is phenomenal in so many ways. She is a singer/songwriter (as wells as a speaker and writer and serious butt kicker) and her music style is coffeehouse/folk/acoustic. And you should really check out her blog if you want to uplevel your life and learn how to live consciously creative.

We had a great weekend. We explored our new city and allowed ourselves a few hours to just relax and read and play music. Now off to make something cool.......

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I love your garland, do you really think it is going to faze out soon?! I hope not, just starting to make one...oh, well. I'm intrigued by the book, will have to check that one out.
    Well, i am going to browse your blog further,
    come visit me, sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I am going to have to check out that book and bust. I know of the magazine but don't think I ever really looked at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been obsessed with buntings and linen for so long...strange thing is that I have been making buntings for the last week...a big beautiful long one in anna maria horner fabric, a shorter white one with the word Namaste for over our bed, and tiny scrapbook paper ones to sell at my craft shows...
    Love yours though...I need some linen!
    e.

    ReplyDelete