Thursday, November 19, 2009

graditude 2

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity .... It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."

-- Melodie Beattie, author

Today I am grateful for these guys. For all of the lessons they teach me, for all of the kisses they give me, for all of the poop i have to scoop, for all of the times that they walk on my chest and it hurts so freakin bad, and for all the times that they know when I am crying and come to my side to let me know they love me. They are the most wonderful creatures and they are mine.


What are you grateful for today?

4 comments:

  1. After reading this, I too am so grateful for my kitty. He does the same thing when I am crying.. he runs right to me and will not leave me no matter what. He's living at my parents house right now, since I am in university.. so sad about this but I get to see a few times a year. When I pack up to leave again, he sits in my suitcase, as if to protest my leaving. Makes me feel pretty special :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful my car broke down so that you could have Colby. I am grateful that after looking all day, and on our last stop we found Reece! I can't wait to meet Luna. I am grateful for you. Love you! Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of Luna looks like a school portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? How did I not know about Luna?

    ReplyDelete