Friday, November 20, 2009

gratitude day 3

Oops, I missed a day of blogging gratitude. I spent the entire day yesterday in Tampa at a Hay House conference. It was so exciting to be in the presence of some of my favorite authors...Louise Hay, Wayne Dyer, Marianne Williamson....and so many more. I loved every second of it.

Before I move onto the part about gratitude I wanted to share a little project I finished up today that incorporates some of my most favorite things....felt, flowers, linen and beads.

I can think of about a bagillion things I could do with these little felt flowers....stockings, wreaths, gift bags....

OK, on to my quote about gratitude.

"Each night before I go to bed, I write down five things that I can be grateful about that day. Real life isn’t always going to be perfect or go our way, but the recurring acknowledgment of what is working in our lives can help us not only to survive but surmount our difficulties.
Simplicity, order, harmony, beauty and joy – all other principles that can transform your life will not blossom and flourish without gratitude…You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you.

As you focus on the abundance rather than on the lack in your life, you will be designing a wonderful new blueprint for the future. This sense of fulfillment is gratitude at work, transforming your dreams into reality. Begin this day to explore and integrate this beautiful, life-affirming principle into your life, and the miracle you have been seeking will unfold to your wonder and amazement’.

Quote from The Science of Getting Rich. Read it for free here.

Today I am grateful for the abundance of craft and art supplies that sit, waiting to be used in a beautiful creation, in clear containers in my studio. What are you grateful for? Can you feel it in your gut?

2 comments:

  1. I downloaded the Science of Getting Rich a month ago. I quoted it one blog as well. It's a great book.
    I know the Hay House Conference was an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ornaments are so beautiful!! And the cats-- well, what can I say? They are too cute for words. :) Our Christmas tree is also a giant cat toy for our sweet kitty, and there are practically no ornaments on the lower branches anymore. I love cats!

    ReplyDelete