Monday, November 16, 2009

Stuff from the week

I apologize for being so quiet lately. I've been extending so much energy in other places and I don't like to do "filler" posts. I am still so grateful for my faithful readers who have sent me sweet messages wondering where i have been. Tomorrow I will start posting daily till Thanksgiving with a series on gratitude. Even though it seems like such a simple and possibly over-done topic, I have realized that focusing on it can bring about some powerful affects.

So for now, here are a few photos from the week.

One of my biggest items on my gratitude list of the moment is...the library! You can check out up to 99 items at a time...for free!

These have to be the coolest books I have ever seen in my life. The Woodstock one was published in 1972. I want to "loose" them so I never have to return them. (No mom, I won't really do that)

Sometimes I just need to draw. There is something about pen on paper that is so meditative for me.

I made these curtains for our kitchen from some vintage sheets that I found at a flea market for $1. Sorry about the yucky photos in this post - the light was impossible to work with.

And this is a really big wood panel that I painted for our living room. It still needs work but I wanted to go ahead and get it up on the wall to see if I liked it. I don't. But it's not a problem, now I get to make something else to go there!

Happy Monday to you all.
xoxo

5 comments: