Thursday, December 17, 2009

Holiday Photo Attempt

We tried. We really did. I had full intentions of getting a Christmas card sent out this year. Not gonna happen. Its going to have to be a New Year card.

See the thing is that we just moved to this new city where we don't know anyone who could actually take a photo of us, and we live in a home that doesn't get the greatest light, and I can't find my tripod, and I am seriously opposed to using a flash on a camera. So we tried to make do with our current situation and this is what happened.....

Doesn't he look so excited to be a part of the "light testing"? And the felt linked garland that I made WAS cute before this particular day.


I didn't make it back in time after hitting the button....(for about the 15th time)


I painted this little sign thinking that it would be really cute to use in our photos. However, neither one of us look very merry or bright at the moment.....


Here we look like homeless, dirty hippies camping out downtown....


1. Don't you love the factory artwork in the Ikea frame? I thought it would be perfect for a holiday card (im kidding, i was planning on photoshopping a little illustration in that spot) 2. I think Spencer is over it all and is trying to be nice about telling me its time to quit.


At least we got parts of the whole family in the picture. None of the kids were happy and I ended up with quite a few (deep) scratches - but I WAS NOT GOING TO LET GO. WE WERE GOING TO TAKE A FAMILY PHOTO DAMMIT.


Here we were just so over it all that we started making ridiculous faces....


I had to grab his butt to get this half way decent laughing shot.

We will be heading to my parents house in Alabama for Christmas so hopefully I can talk him into suffering through one more photo shoot with my mom (or at least a tripod) as the photographer. Sometimes I guess getting just the right photo takes time....and apparently lots of patience if you are a man.

9 comments:

  1. lol I totally understand! Usually I'm the one who doesn't want to be on the picture and when I have to be there I try not to be seen :D And shooting cats or pets in general..well..how come they're so cute all the time but when you take a camera to capture that cuteness they become just blurry fur balls?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. getting just the right picture can be such a struggle indeed!! merry christmas ashley!
    abundant joyjoyjoy to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. A friend just sent me a link to your blog, telling me that I'd like it - and I do!

    Also, I lived in Winter Park for a year because I attended Full Sail, which I'm sure you've heard of by now since you live right there. Very small world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    not sure how I found your blog; it's been on my blogroll over at http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com for quite awhile. Anyway, I'm enjoying it very much!

    You're th second or third blogger who has talked about not being able to get a good card-worthy photo together, and then shown some really darling pictures! I know we're all harder on ourselves than anyone else is, but I think some of yours are just great. I'd love to get one of those "real life isn't picture perfect" cards from friends and family. Beats the hell outta the whole family in matching Santa sweaters any day!

    xox,
    Susan

    confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rofl, Even i just shifted from india to Uk for studies and from where i come from the only thing about christmas i know is 'that we get holidays':P, So after comming here when people were shopping and sending cards for christmas i was like 'ahem, maybe i should get into it too' :P and here i am 200 quid lighter :P

    Loved the photo shoot, You guys look very cute together

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great shots! Love the dirty hippie look. You two look like a fun cool couple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great fun photos!

    bisous
    annabu :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those photos are great. Gotta love a holiday photo booth that spans several genres!!! It looked like you had lots of fun! Happy New Year to you and high hopes of finding lots of new friends in your new town : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. The perfect holiday card in my eyes is something that captures the two of you doing something you would want to share with everyone you know for the holiday season. So you've just got to find that picture that shows who you are. The best pictures come at the most unexpected times!

    ReplyDelete